Common Problems for DocDB
This page lists various gotchas that we have encountered.
- At Fermilab, many Linux machines have a ups perl product installed.
This product does not contain all the modules required by DocDB.
The solution has two parts:
- rm -f /usr/local/bin/*perl*
- make sure that no version of perl is declared current in ups
- You may encounter an /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld script which does an
anonymous ping of mysql. This fails when you have disabled anonymous
access and I have found no way to enable it without embedding a password
in the script. The workaround is to disable that part of the script.
See our sample /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld script.
- DocDB uses cascading style sheets to set the look and feel of the web pages.
If you include other style sheets in your project header
(in ProjectRoutines.pm), these will override the DocDB style sheets and
you may need to re-reference your DocDB project style sheets.