Migrating from DocDB v6 to v7
- DocDB 7.x requires shared-mime-info and a few more perl modules
- To get the new perl modules:
setenv LANG en_US
(the cpan install will probably fail if you don't do this)
perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install File::MimeInfo
cpan> install DateTime::Format::MySQL
- You also have to install the shared-mime-info package.
If your system doesn't have it, you can get it from
- Backup your database
mysqldump MYDOCDB -u database-admin -p > MYDOCDB-date
- Check out the new stable distribution in a fresh area
- Copy MigrateV7 into an area where you can run version 6 scripts.
The cgi-bin will work, but make sure you delete MigrateV7 after you update
to prevent MigrateV7 from being run from the web.
- MigrateV7 --u=database-admin --p=your-password --a=init
- MigrateV7 --u=database-admin --p=your-password --a=migrate
- Verify that DocDB is working with the v7 cgi scripts
- Edit your Project*.pm files as necessary. The templates have changed.
- MigrateV7 --u=database-admin --p=your-password --a=delete
- Go to your html/Static directory and do cvs update -d -r stable
This will create and update a bunch of CSS files as well as create a
- Edit your site specific CSS files if needed. (There is a new shaded
element "tbody.Odd" that will be grey by default.)
- Make sure you are using the new v7 cgi scripts by default.
- Copy PublicInstall.csh into your public cgi area and execute it.
Some of the linked scripts have changed.
- You may need to edit your public ProjectGlobals.pm